- n any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
he could barely make out their shapes
- n the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance
geometry is the mathematical science of shape
- n alternative names for the body of a human being
- n a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept
- n the visual appearance of something or someone
- n the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- n the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
- n a perceptual structure
- v shape or influence; give direction to
- v make something, usually for a specific function
shape a figure
- v give shape or form to
shape the dough
- It's not clear just what the mechanism is that links body shape and insulin levelsa crucial detail if scientists are going to understand the full implications of their findings.
- The news from Paris last week, as French high-fashion designers called the coming season's styles, was shape.
- How does our love life shape us--mind, body and soul? Let us count the ways.
News & Articles
- In-Shape Health Clubs to open its fourth Visalia location June 24
In-Shape Health Clubs is set to open a fourth location June 24 at 3515 S. Mooney Blvd., near the Sears Auto Center. In-Shape will hold a grand-opening celebration that day at 10 a.m. The community is invited to come take a tour of the facility, win prizes and try out the amenities for free. The first 50 people to arrive will receive a free gift. Club members and potential members will find ...
June 17, 2013 - Visalia Times-Delta / Tulare Advance-Register
- Fordham University Professor helps to shape minds of future politicians
Dr. Christina Greer uses her expert knowledge to not only shape the nation’s next political minds, but also to give her expert view on American politics. Greer currently serves as an assistant profess
June 17, 2013 - New York Amsterdam News
- Electronic Arts in Good Shape After Adjusting Its Strategy
Electronic Arts in Good Shape After Adjusting Its Strategy
June 17, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- President Bush in USA Today
On this day, at this hour, it is still within our power to shape the outcome of this battle,Bush said. "Let us find our resolve and turn events toward victory."
- Nancy Pelosi in International Herald Tribune
Earlier, Pelosi said the measure was essential to "begin to shape the financial stability of our country and the economic security of our people."
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
I am confident that we're going to be able to leave the Gulf Coast in better shape than it was before,Obama said Monday.