- n an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
- v get rid of
he shed his image as a pushy boss
shed your clothes
- v pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities
God shed His grace on Thee
- v cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over
- v cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
our dog sheds every Spring
- a shed at an early stage of development
- GREAT FALLS, Montana: Sometime soon, an unassuming little ten-by-twelve shed will be mounted on the back of a flatbed truck and begin the 1,100 mile trip from Malmstrom Air Force .
- The little shed behind Joy Whitehouse's modest home is filled with aluminum cans--soda cans, soup cans and vegetable cans--that she collects from neighbors or finds during her .
- For the parent who shudders at the thought of a plastic playhouse in the backyard, Modern Shed's new kids' edition comes in unfinished wood ready to be painted or stained.
News & Articles
- Fire damages shed in Santa Cruz
SANTA CRUZ -- A fire burned a shed around 9:30 p.m. Saturday in Santa Cruz, causing about $10,000 in damage.
June 16, 2013 - Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Firefighters respond to shed fire in Midtown
TUCSON- Tucson Fire responded to a shed fire in midtown Saturday afternoon, after several callers reported smoke in the area. According to Capt. Chris Jurvig, units responded to the 3900 block of East Hayhurst Lane just after 3:30 p.m.
June 16, 2013 - KVOA Tucson
- TFD responds to shed fire in midtown neighborhood
Tucson Fire Department is responding to a shed fire on the 3900 East Hayhurst block. According to TFD, there is large amount of smoke and flames. The shed was in a storage area, therefore no evacuation
June 15, 2013 - KOLD News 13 Tuscon
- Barack Obama in The Bahama Journal
Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered,Mr. Obama said. "Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our...
- Wesley Sneijder in The Associated Press
We have to shed our inhibitions,Sneijder said.
- Phil Mickelson in Orlando Sentinel
Yeah, I don't normally shed tears over wins,said Mickelson, whose emotionally trying year as both his wife and mother battled breast cancer showed through in a long, wordless embrace with wife Amy after Sunday's three-shot triumph. "When...