- n a shape that is spherical and small
he studied the shapes of low-viscosity drops
- n a small indefinite quantity (especially of a liquid)
he had a drop too much to drink
a drop of each sample was analyzed
there is not a drop of pity in that man
- n a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index
there was a drop in pressure in the pulmonary artery
- n a steep high face of rock
a steep drop
- n a predetermined hiding place for the deposit and distribution of illicit goods (such as drugs or stolen property)
- n a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity
it was a miracle that he survived the drop from that height
- n a curtain that can be lowered and raised onto a stage from the flies; often used as background scenery
- n a central depository where things can be left or picked up
- n the act of dropping something
they expected the drop would be successful
- v let fall to the ground
Don't drop the dishes
- v to fall vertically
the bombs are dropping on enemy targets
- v go down in value
Stock prices dropped
- v fall or descend to a lower place or level
- v terminate an association with
drop him from the Republican ticket
- v utter with seeming casualness; drop names"
drop a hint
- v stop pursuing or acting
drop a lawsuit
- v leave or unload
drop off the passengers at the hotel
- v cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow
- v lose (a game)
The Giants dropped 11 of their first 13
- v pay out
- v lower the pitch of (musical notes)
- v hang freely
The light dropped from the ceiling
- v stop associating with
They dropped her after she had a child out of wedlock
- v let or cause to fall in drops
- v get rid of
- v take (a drug, especially LSD), by mouth
She dropped acid when she was a teenager
- v omit (a letter or syllable) in speaking or writing
New Englanders drop their post-vocalic r's
- v leave undone or leave out
- v change from one level to another
She dropped into army jargon
- v fall or sink into a state of exhaustion or death
shop til you drop
- v grow worse
- v give birth; used for animals
The cow dropped her calf this morning
- The Labor Department said Thursday that initial claims for unemployment insurance dropped to a seasonally adjusted 545,000 from an upwardly revised 557,000.
- This report via AP: WASHINGTON (AP) Republican Sam Brownback will drop out of the 2008 presidential campaign on Friday, people close to the Kansas senator said Thursday.
- We decided we couldn't take the bomb back to Tinian, so Sweeney says we've got to drop it by radar or drop it in the oceanand we sure as heck didn't want to drop it in the ocean.
News & Articles
- Unsurpassed Comfort for Zero-Drop Running
Ladies on the zero-drop kick will love the extra cushioned comfort of Altra's latest running shoes.
June 17, 2013 - Wired News
- Where can residents drop off old medications for proper disposal?
Q: Does Kern County have a drop-off facility for expired or no longer used medications or OTC medications? I have asked my local pharmacy, and they will not take them. Also, where do diabetic patients take their insulin supplies (syringes, needles, etc.) for disposal?
June 17, 2013 - The Bakersfield Californian
- Foreign holdings of US Treasury debt drop in April
Foreign holdings of US Treasury debt drop in April Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:24 am, Friday, June 14, 2013 China, the largest foreign buyer of Treasury debt, reduced its holdings 0.4 percent to $1.26 trillion. The gain shows overseas investors are still buying U.S ...
June 17, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
Some people counted me out and said to drop out but the American people don't quit, and they deserve a president who doesn't quit, either,Clinton told supporters at a victory rally Tuesday night after walking out to Tom Petty's song "I Won't...
- Colin Powell in WCBD
Colin Powell said "I heard senior members of my own party drop this suggestion he'sa Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists. This is not the way we should be doing it in America."
- Diego Maradona in The Associated Press
In fact, after three group stage wins, he was demanding apologies â€” "I'm not suggesting you drop your trousers, but it would be honest and great," he said â€” from critics who had predicted Argentina could only flop with the former...