- v prevent from being included or considered or accepted
- v leave undone or leave out
- Yet they might omit the fact that most of these people also drank alcohol.
- He may omit to shake your hand when you meet him.
- And we should not omit from the list of his achievements the appointment of France's first black female and Muslim ministers or, indeed, the feel of a government of youth and .
- Adrian Peterson in International Herald Tribune
There were opportunities out there that I felt I left on the field and I'm sick about it,Peterson said. "In a game like this, you can't leave anything on the field. I know, personally, I'm going to learn a lot from this and try to omit...
- Frank Hadden in BBC News
I have selected a squad that has the ability to do something special at the World Cup,said Hadden. "The decision to omit nine players from the squad was tough. I spoke with all but one of those players face to face and thanked them for...
- Sven-Goran Eriksson in Times Online
When you have say 23 players, who are working hard, it is bad when you have to omit them on match day,Eriksson said. "Everyone wants to be on the pitch but it would help if we could change the rules on substitutes. If we could have seven...