put down : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place
- v put in a horizontal position
- v cause to come to the ground
- v reduce in worth or character, usually verbally
- v leave or unload
- v put (an animal) to death
- v put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- v make a record of; set down in permanent form
News & Articles
- Rattled: Explaining the soul
We had to have a cat put down on Monday, and that made me want to explain the meaning of soul to Elliot. It's one of those cornerstone teachings, and I really wanted to get it right.
June 15, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Nautilus CFO Steps Down
Linda Pearce, chief financial officer of Nautilus recently put down her papers.
June 14, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Nautilus CFO Steps Down - Analyst Blog
Linda Pearce, chief financial officer (CFO) of fitness product company Nautilus Inc. ( NLS ), recently put down her papers to take up another opportunity. However, Pearce will
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq