- n freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
took his repose by the swimming pool
- n the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- n a disposition free from stress or emotion
- v put or confide something in a person or thing
These philosophers reposed the law in the people
- v be inherent or innate in;
- v lie when dead
Mao reposes in his mausoleum
- v lean in a comfortable resting position
- v put in a horizontal position
- v to put something (eg trust) in something
The nation reposed its confidence in the King
- What Kolesnikov did in deciding to describe his position and entrapment, others have also done--in states of repose or terror.
- In it, Castro declared that surgery and treatment for intestinal bleeding "obliges me to spend several weeks in repose, away from my responsibilities and duties.
- More weekly haircuts, he asserts, could improve the chances for world peace because "neatness induces a repose in the mind.
News & Articles
- Funeral mass for former MA Gov. Paul Cellucci to be held Friday
The body of former Massachusetts Gov. Paul Cellucci will lie in repose at the state house before a public funeral mass and private burial.
June 10, 2013 - CBS 3 Springfield
- Funeral plans set for former Mass. Gov. Cellucci
BOSTON — The body of former Massachusetts Gov. Argeo Paul Cellucci (sel-LOO'-chee) will lie in repose at the State House before a public funeral Mass and private burial. The State House memorial is scheduled for Thursday. An invitation-only memorial service will be held in the House chamber at 12:30 p.m. A public viewing in the Hall of Flags will run from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. A funeral Mass ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Gov. Cellucci to lie in state Thursday
The public is invited to pay its respects to former Gov. Argeo Paul Cellucci when he lies in repose Thursday from 2:30 to 7 p.m. in the Hall of Flags rotunda at the State House, Gov. Deval Patrick, Senate President Therese Murray and House Speaker Robert DeLeo announced this afternoon. An invitation-only ceremony will follow in the House of Representatives chamber. Cellucci’s family is also ...
June 9, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Michael Mukasey in USA Today
Mukasey responded: "The only thing I can tell you is that if you ultimately do repose trust in me, I'm going to spend the next however many months it is trying to vindicate that trust."
- President Bush in Idaho Mountain Express and Guide
After the shipwreck of communism came years of relative quiet, years of repose, years of sabbatical,Bush said. "And then there came a day of fire."
- Rajendra Pachauri in Economic Times
Vehemently denying that the mistake had adversely affected the IPCC's credibility, Mr Pachauri said: "Rational people see the larger picture. And I am confident world leaders would continue to repose their faith in IPCC and there will be no...