- n a feeling of calmness; a quiet and undisturbed feeling
- n a disposition free from stress or emotion
- In their tame placidity they bear no relation to the fearsome creatures in the Bible and the poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke and Wallace Stevens.
- She has been sent as a probe from the gigantic spaceship on which all humans were evacuated 700 years before, and where their descendants live in pampered placidity.
- She was the star of the show, making people grin indeed, sometimes erupt with laughter her own face switching between that studied placidity that is her trademark and a .