disgrace : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of dishonor
- v bring shame or dishonor upon
- v reduce in worth or character, usually verbally
- v damage the reputation of
- The fact that John McCain's top advisor says that a terrorist attack on American soil would be a big advantage' for their political campaign is a complete disgrace, and is .
- Craxis career ended in disgrace six years later after a vast corruption scandal, but ever since, Grillo has been persona non grata on state-owned stations and on Prime Minister .
- If this is not disgrace then what is disgrace in this world? .
News & Articles
- Soccer-Tainting 1978 Cup win with dictatorship a disgrace-Menotti
By Luis Ampuero BUENOS AIRES, June 26 (Reuters) - It was a disgrace to have associated Argentina's 1978 World Cup-winning players with the military dictatorship of the time, former coach Cesar Luis Menotti has said. "I think this group of players deserved recognition for having achieved glory," said Menotti at River Plate's Monumental stadium where he guided Argentina to a 3-1 win over the ...
June 26, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- He's back: Anthony Weiner leads in NYC mayoral race
Two years after the Twitter-flirting congressman resigned in disgrace, voters seem ready to give him a second chanceAnthony Weiner is back on top.The bombastic congressman turned outcast philanderer turned New York City mayoral candidate is the top choice among registered voters in a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll of the city's upcoming Democratic primary.In the poll, 25 percent of registered ...
June 26, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- US envoy: UN failure to act on Syria is disgrace
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Outgoing U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice said Tuesday the U.N. Security Council's failure to take action to stop the conflict in Syria is "a moral and strategic disgrace that history will judge harshly."
June 25, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Osama bin Laden in Guardian Unlimited
Bin Laden said Sunni Arabs who have joined the Awakening Councils "have betrayed the nation and brought disgrace and shame to their people. They will suffer in life and in the afterlife."
- Arsene Wenger in AFP
I find it a complete disgrace and unacceptable,Wenger said. "We won't accept the way we have been treated in this case for two reasons. I believe that you can debate whether it was a penalty or not. For me it's a witch hunt that we see and...
- Charles Schumer in USA Today
To think that men and women are serving their country in the most honorable and courageous way possible and all we give them is a dilapidated, rat-infested, run-down building to recover is a disgrace,Schumer wrote. "My fear is that Walter...