destroy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of
The fire destroyed the house
- v destroy completely; damage irreparably
- v defeat soundly
- v put (an animal) to death
The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid
- The AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-radiation Missile (HARM) is an air-to-surface tactical missile designed to seek out and destroy enemy radar-equipped air defense systems.
- Israel never officially admits to carrying out overseas actions against its foes, but it is suspected of sending planes to destroy a Syrian nuclear facility in 2007, and it is also .
- It is to destroy conservative leaders, and not just in elected office, but leading.
News & Articles
- South Fork: Colorado Fire May Destroy Entire Town
In South Fork, Colorado, fire may destroy the entire town. As dry conditions and high wind fuel the massive fires, authorities are concerned that they will continue to spread. Officials have ordered all 400 residents of South Fork to evacuate immediately. They estimate that the chance of saving the town from the blaze is “low... Read more » South Fork: Colorado Fire May Destroy Entire Town is a ...
June 21, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Watsonville strawberry grower told to destroy crop because of illegal pesticides
A Watsonville strawberry farmer agreed to pay a fine and destroy some of his berries after state regulators found he used an illegal pesticide on them. The California Department of Pesticide Regulation announced a settlement agreement with Lorenzo Lopez of V.L. Farms on Thursday. Lopez acknowledged illegally using the insecticide methomyl and agreed to destroy 10 acres of his 20-acre farm ...
June 20, 2013 - KSBW Salinas
- Flames destroy Billerica home
BILLERICA, Mass. -- Flames destroy a home in Billerica Thursday morning. The fire started just before 5 a.m.
June 18, 2013 - 7 News Boston
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Those "who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West, know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy," Obama said.
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
I don't see any reason to destroy the franchise value or to create the huge legal uncertainties of trying to formally nationalize a bank when that just isn't necessary,Mr. Bernanke told the Senate Banking Committee.
- John McCain in Newsweek
This is a shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these e-mails will destroy them,the McCain campaign said in...