- v destroy (one's own missile or rocket)
The engineers had to destruct the rocket for safety reasons
- v do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of
- Flexplay No-return DVD rentals that essentially self-destruct within 48 hours after they are removed from their packaging are now rolling out at airports, travel centers and every .
- Yet Wall Street is littered with the wreckage of analysts who have ridden a single call to fame, only to self-destruct on the next one.
- The result: strict federal guidelines, suggested by the scientists themselves, that required such protective measures as the use of bacteria that self-destruct outside the lab .
News & Articles
- Chemistry and grit
Not that long ago, it appeared the Bartlesville Doenges Ford Indians were heading for the program’s second losing season in the past 50 years. Sitting at 0-7 and 3-11, the tribe seemed to find different ways to self-destruct.
June 20, 2013 - Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise
- Michigan winners and losers
The Quicken Loans 400 saw Hendrick Motorsports self-destruct, Ford discovered its missing mojo and a lot more in between at Michigan International Speedway. Here are the winners and losers from the NASCAR weekend that was: Winners Richard Childress Racing In all the talk about the problems surrounding the Hendrick cars and Greg Biffle's victory, what was lost in the shuffle is what a successful ...
June 18, 2013 - SB Nation
- US surveillance flap shines light on Web 'anonymizers'
Washington (AFP) June 15, 2013 News of a massive surveillance effort led by the secretive National Security Agency has sent Web users scrambling to find new ways to avoid tracking. It might have seemed paranoid not long ago when netizens used tools to hide their tracks, "shred" data or send self-destructing messages. Web anonymizers, encryption programs and similar tools have been available for ...
June 16, 2013 - Space War