- v destroy completely
the wrecking ball demolished the building
demolish your enemies
- v humiliate or depress completely
- v defeat soundly
The home team demolished the visitors
- Sachs wants to demolish the notion that economic progress and environmental protection are incompatible.
- Some students at Florida Technological University held a trial to condemn a Chevrolet for poisoning the air; they tried to demolish it with a sledgehammer, but the car resisted .
- It helps that some of his most unpopular moves, like his unilateral decision to demolish a small lakefont airport in 2003 under the cover of night, seem nearly forgotten.
News & Articles
- Preservation Watch: Stahl's Plan to Demolish a Landmark Might be Falling Apart
As we detailed earlier this week, Stahl Real Estate's hardship application that, if granted, would allow it to demolish two landmarked six-story walkups on York Avenue between 64th and 65th Streets is, let's just say, somewhat fishy. The Landmarks...
June 12, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Salisbury Allowed To Rehab, Demolish, Or Sell Vacant Homes
SALISBURY, Md. - In an effort to continue to beautify Salisbury, Monday, the City Council approved an ordinance that could let the Wicomico County Circuit Court appoint someone to rehabilitate, demolish,
June 12, 2013 - WMDT Salisbury
- City to demolish collapsed building
SOUTH BEND — City officials plan to demolish a building that partially collapsed northwest of downtown early Monday morning.
June 10, 2013 - South Bend Tribune
- President Bush in ABC News
Detainees at Abu Ghraib will be relocated. Then, with the approval of the Iraqi government, we will demolish the Abu Ghraib prison, as a fitting symbol of Iraq's new beginning,Bush said during a May 2004 speech.
- S Samy Vellu in International Herald Tribune
We will identify the illegally built temples first and check on their status. We want to know if there have been any moves or notices to demolish or relocate them,Samy said.
- George Osborne in Independent
I told the International Board that a player who is deliberately attacking another player and tries to demolish a player should be banned, and not only for three matches but temporarily banned or a life ban depending on the severity of the... Sepp Blatter http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGBkJfnaUt1DYS2jJuiuhiS_PNdpw International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/03/09/sports/SOC-Blatter-Violent-Tackles.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF0DRIFMlsYnBLAOBkzF0M5VERxLA Mar 9, 2008
26281 35038 demolished George Osborne, the shadow Chancellor, said the comments totally demolished Gordon Brown's central political charge that only the Conservatives oppose his expensive and ineffective VAT measures".