- v pass on or delegate to another
The representative devolved his duties to his aides while he was in the hospital
- v be inherited by
The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead
- v grow worse
The discussion devolved into a shouting match
- Chrysler, and the even more hapless Desoto, tried to devolve the Airflow stylistically, giving it more conventional grill and raising the trunk into a kind of bustle (some later .
- The billboard may come to Paris next, which brings to mind how icons devolve into clichs: will Caro become the Iron Eyes Cody of the anti-anorexia movement?.
- That brings Harry into the plot, and things devolve from there.
News & Articles
- PlayStation 4 graphics outlined with The Dark Sorcerer video demo
Sony has been rolling out the video game previews this evening, with one in particular aiming to show off both the console’s excellent graphics and, by proxy, the detailed, realistic expressions that can be shown through it. The Dark Sorcerer trailer is a couple minutes long, and starts out a tad stereotypical, only to devolve Read The Full Story
June 11, 2013 - SlashGear
- Tamils want more devolved power in Sri Lanka's north
Ahead of Sri Lanka's planned provincial election in a former war zone, the country's main ethnic minority Tamil party is pushing to have as much power devolved from Colombo as possible.
June 11, 2013 - IRIN
- Battery Lasts for 25 Years
Being the tech fans that we are, we’re all well familiar with the relatively short half-life of current lithium-ion batteries. A gadget out of the box can start off with a stellar charge life can quickly devolve into brick unless it’s hooked to the wall every six hours.
June 9, 2013 - Fox News
- Fuad Saniora in Reuters
When the presidency is vacant, the powers of the presidency devolve to the cabinet ...... which is the legitimate and constitutional cabinet,Siniora told a news conference after meeting the Maronite Christian patriarch, Nasrallah Sfeir....
- Joe Biden in Forbes
A federal Iraq is a united Iraq, but one in which extensive powers devolve to the regions, with the central government responsible for truly common concerns,Biden wrote.
- Condoleezza Rice in International Herald Tribune
The Pacific cannot devolve into an area where strong men unilaterally decide the fates of their country and destabilize democratic foundations of their neighbors,Rice said.