cut down :
- v cut down on; make a reduction in
- v cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- v cause to come or go down
- v intercept (a player)
- v cut with a blade or mower
- v cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow
News & Articles
- Owner of Eden Prairie mansion fined $25K for cutting down protected trees
The owner of a $2.6 million mansion in Eden Prairie has been slapped with a nearly $25,000 fine after the city said he illegally cut down more than a dozen protected, towering trees in his back yard, which overlooks the scenic Minnesota River.
June 13, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Tree at McPolin Farm, dead a year, taken down
A landscaping crew cut down a tree on the grounds of the McPolin Farm on Monday morning, a year after it died.
June 12, 2013 - Park Record
- Is UC Berkeley's Plan to Cut Down 54,000 Trees Necessary?
A respected environmental contractor has questioned the university's controversial fire-prevention proposal and contends that it could create a new fire hazard. by Kathleen Richards UC Berkeley has stated that its plan to cut down all blue gum eucalyptus, Monterey pine, and acacia trees in a section of the East Bay hills is the best method for preventing a catastrophic wildfire. But the proposal ...
June 12, 2013 - East Bay Express