- n a wound made by cutting
- n an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
- n a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- n a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
- v cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- v beat severely with a whip or rod
- v cut open
she slashed her wrists
- v cut drastically
Prices were slashed
- v move or stir about violently
- Subsistence farmers seeking better soil have traditionally relied on slash-and-burn agriculture, which generates greenhouse gases and decimates forests.
- They create a profusion of backstories and revisions that slash and burn through the pieties of patriotism and the glosses of "color blindness.
- The first thing you noticed was the face, a dead-white mask of anguish with black holes for eyes, a curt slash of red for a mouth and cheekbones as high as the sky.
News & Articles
- 4 Easy Steps for Safe Summer Grilling
These easy tweaks can seriously slash the dangers of grilling.
June 15, 2013 - ABC News
- Nikki Sixx Interviews Slash
Guns N' Roses legend Slash joined Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx recently on his 'Sixx Sense' radio show and audio from the session has been posted
June 14, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Smart Ways to Slash Your Summer Bills
Summer is here, and as the temperature rises, your energy bills probably will, too. But you don't have to break the bank to beat the heat. Here's a guide to the small and large projects that will help slash your summer utility bills.
June 14, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Naoto Kan in BusinessWeek
What can we do to prevent a situation like Greece? We must slash wasteful spending, while promoting growth,Kan said recently. "But we also need to discuss the overall tax system. That's the context of our proposal."
- Nancy Pelosi in Leading The Charge
The president is proposing to once again slash health care coverage for seniors and low-income working Americans,House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said. "The president's cuts are exactly the wrong medicine when the cost of health care...
- Barack Obama in San Jose Mercury News
Sen. Barack Obama accused Clinton of "slash-and-burn, say-anything, do-anything special interest-driven politics."