- v beat severely with a whip or rod
The teacher often flogged the students
- v beat with a cane
- Did it flog the Wright story, call Michelle Obama "baby mama" and suggest a "terrorist fist bump"? Sure.
- Rather than flog humans for being wasteful beasts, they celebrate our propensity to consume, insisting there are ways to make that impulse a healthy part of a dynamic ecosystem.
- Advertisers are using hit songs to flog everything from Cadillacs to contraception.
News & Articles
- Russian Politician May be Investigated for Requesting Gays to be Whipped
A human rights group in Russia has asked prosecutors to look into the homophobic comments of a politician who urged for the Cossack community to flog gay people in public squares.
July 5, 2013 - Gayapolis
- Movie review: Outside of Depp, explosions, “Lone Ranger” is a slog
The Lone Ranger had a good, long run fighting for justice in the Old West, going at it on radio, television and in movie serials from 1933 to 1957. To producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who’s currently trying to flog another two films out of a dying horse called “Pirates of the Caribbean,” a character with such proven staying power must have looked mighty appealing.
July 3, 2013 - Columbus Alive
- Erik Prince in Washington Post
Beyond firing him for breaking the rules, withholding any funds we can, we can't flog him,Prince said of the intoxicated Blackwater guard. "We can't incarcerate him. We can't do anything beyond that."
- Freddy Shepherd in Reuters UK
This report was a very thinly-disguised attempt to flog Owen from under our feet, sourced very close to the player or those who look after him. The information must have come from there, not from our club,added Shepherd.
- David Cameron in Telegraph.co.uk
Pressed again to say how long he had known about the peer's "non-dom" status, Mr Cameron said: "I admire people who try to flog a dead horse. But the horse is dead and should no longer be flogged."