- n a stick that people can lean on to help them walk
- n a strong slender often flexible stem as of bamboos, reeds, rattans, or sugar cane
- n a stiff switch used to hit students as punishment
- v beat with a cane
- Sugar-cane-based ethanol is up to eight times more efficient than its corn counterpart.
- Coaxed into checking the cane, he lunged at the wine steward's cordial tray, then his neck chain, caught a sharp elbow in the stomach in return.
- At a restaurant, Zantzinger whacked two employees with a cane.
News & Articles
- Man jailed for beating wife with bamboo cane
A man was booked into jail and remains in custody on suspicion of beating his wife with a bamboo cane...
June 13, 2013 - The Community Voice
- Sugar Cane fires cause highway closures in central Maui
Central Maui drivers got stuck in some thick smoke Tuesday morning due to sugar cane fires.
June 12, 2013 - Hawaii News Now
- Cane Cutters Snap Streak, Down East Texas 5-4
The Acadiana Cane Cutters returned home after a disappointing four-game road trip to make things right against the visiting East Texas Pump Jacks on Military Appreciation Night made possible by Acadiana Dodge, Frank's International, and AMPOL. The Fabacher Field stands were jam-packed U.S. Military active duty personnel and veterans, as the Cutters celebrated the true heroes of our community ...
June 9, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Barack Obama in Montgomery County Courier
I'll remember him as he was when I came to know him,Obama said, "his white hair flowing like a mane, his gait steady with a cane, determined to make the most of every last breath. The distinguished gentleman from West Virginia could be...
- Joe Paterno in International Herald Tribune
I'm certainly going to be involved one way or another, if I have to walk around with a cane for a month,Paterno said.
- Lula da Silva in International Herald Tribune
The spread of sugar cane, soy and other oleaginous crops for biofuels will ensure that needy farming families have the financial means to feed themselves,Silva wrote.