lash : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids
- n leather strip that forms the flexible part of a whip
- n a quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object
- v beat severely with a whip or rod
- v lash or flick about sharply
The lion lashed its tail
- v strike as if by whipping
- v bind with a rope, chain, or cord
lash the horse
- For $350, a Shu Uemura lash stylist will provide the ultimate service to amplify your eyes: extensions.
- The truth about Disney, who was described by an observant writer as "a tall, somber man who appeared to be under the lash of some private demon," is slightly less benign and a lot .
- Shu Uemura's $29 lashes cost a lot less than lash-lenghening drug Latisse ($120 for a 30-day supply).
News & Articles
- Melissa McCarthy Responds (Finally) To That Ugly Rex Reed Review
When Melissa McCarthy didn’t lash back after New York Observer film critic Rex Reed’s out-of-bounds review of Identity Thief back in February — in which out of the blue and most cruelly he called the actress “tractor-sized” and “a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success” — Deadline’s Mike Fleming did . (So did her Bridesmaids director ...
June 13, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Beauty Trend: Taylor Swift, January Jones and More Stars Rock Teal Eyeliner
Teal eyeliner is having a moment. Last night Taylor Swift and January Jones both lined their lower lash lines in ocean blue hues. While the Mad Men actress just displayed a subtle...
June 13, 2013 - E! Online
- Shares, dollar retreat on central bank worries
By Herbert Lash NEW YORK (Reuters) - The dollar and world equity markets retreated on Wednesday as persistent concerns about central banks' support for their economies - and financial markets - weighed ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Condoleezza Rice in Los Angeles Times
Rice said US allies need to show the Russian leadership that Moscow is wrong in its view that "if you pressure free nations enough - if you bully, threaten and lash out - we will cave in, and forget, and eventually concede."
- Lleyton Hewitt in Forbes
I tried to mix myself up to use it smartly, work the angles, not let him get into a rhythm out there where he feels like he can just go for it, lash out on a few,Hewitt said. "I felt like I was playing on my terms."
- Graeme McDowell in Irish Times
McDowell said: "It lacks a bit of rough, so you can give it a bit of a lash of the tee, but you've got to be super smart coming into these greens. They were quite generous with the pins today, so there was a little bit of a score to be had but...