- n lack of attention and due care
- n the state of something that has been unused and neglected
the house was in a terrible state of neglect
- n willful lack of care and attention
- n the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
- n failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
- v leave undone or leave out
- v fail to do something; leave something undone
- v fail to attend to
he neglects his children
- v give little or no attention to
- A new study shows soaring rates of child abuse and neglect in military families after a parent's deployment.
- Children in highly developed countries suffer abuse and neglect much more often than is reported by official child-protective agencies, according to the findings of the first in a .
- A series of reports on child abuse suggest that as many as nine in 10 cases of child maltreatment and neglect go unreported.
News & Articles
- NBA Finals: Spurs show neglect may be the key to stopping LeBron James
The key to stopping LeBron James? It's not what you think. As the Spurs showed in Game 3, the blueprint may be to neglect the best offensive force in the game, writes Ben Golliver.
June 12, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Parents in rental truck neglect case get suspended sentences
The parents charged with neglect after stopping off in Henry County with five of their seven children, 15 cats and the family's possessions in the back of a rental box truck were sentenced Tuesday to suspended year-and-a-half sentences under terms of a plea agreement.
June 12, 2013 - Palladium-Item
- Couple facing neglect over beliefs
A Jupiter couple has been arrested on charges of child neglect with great bodily harm after deputies said they deprived their child of proper nutrients and tried to treat him with holistic and religious remedies.
June 11, 2013 - WPTV West Palm Beach
- David Miliband in Inquirer.net
This is due "in significant part (to) the malign neglect of the regime," said British Foreign Secretary David Miliband. "I'd be amazed if there hadn't been about 100,000 who died already."
- Robert Gates in Forbes
It is vitally important that the success Afghanistan has achieved not be allowed to slip away through neglect or lack of political will or resolve,Gates said.
- William Hague in The Associated Press
I think sometimes British politicians and British leaders have been so preoccupied by those ties, that they have neglected to build the wider relationships in the world,Hague said. "From now on we will not neglect the wider world."