- v refuse to acknowledge
- v bar from attention or consideration
- v fail to notice
- v give little or no attention to
- v be ignorant of or in the dark about
- But for the latter group, video games are getting increasingly difficult to ignore as a vital force in popular culture, and the hardest game to ignore right now is Halo.
- A master of the genre contends that it boasts an impressive predictive track record if you squint hard and ignore most of the evidence.
- I tried to ignore him too, which was hard as he dribbled chocolate milk from his sippy cup all over my upholstered chairs.
- Barack Obama in Times Online
Race is an issue that I believe this nation cannot afford to ignore right now,said Obama.
- Michael Schumacher in guardian.co.uk
When referring to the circumstances, Schumacher said: "Though it is true that the chapter of Formula One has been completely closed for me for a long time, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate...
- Victoria Beckham in Expressindia.com
Unfortunately, you get used to ridiculous rumours and you just have to ignore them. But the thing is, when you have children, you don't want them to hear hurtful stories. That's why it's upsetting,Victoria said.