know : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people
he is always in the know
- v be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about
I know that the President lied to the people
I want to know who is winning the game!
I know it's time
- v know how to do or perform something
She knows how to knit
Does your husband know how to cook?
- v be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt
I know that I left the key on the table
- v be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object
She doesn't know this composer
Do you know my sister?
We know this movie
I know him under a different name
This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily
- v have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
I know the feeling!
have you ever known hunger?
- v accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne
- v have fixed in the mind
I know Latin
This student knows her irregular verbs
Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?
- v have sexual intercourse with
- v know the nature or character of
- v be able to distinguish, recognize as being different
The child knows right from wrong
- v perceive as familiar
I know this voice!
- know, I was intimately involved in so much that went on in the White House, here at home and around the world.
- And, you know, everybody, I think, who examines the church that I attend knows that it is a very traditional, conventional church.
- You know, I said, this is this first time an African-American will have been a nominee.
News & Articles
- Know a Great Kid?
Do you know a great kid?
June 11, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Know the signs of Alzheimer’s
The Alzheimer’s Association will host an educational program, “Know the 10 Signs: Early Detection Matters” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. June 18 at Midwest Health Group in Farmington.
June 11, 2013 - Park Hills Daily Journal
- Coleslaw: Know your cabbage
Know your cabbage: Cole slaw is the workhorse of summer salads, and at the heart of it is cabbage.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Paul Goydos in AFP
Today was a nuclear bomb,said Goydos. "I don't know where it came from. If I knew that, I wouldn't be able to touch it."
- Dan Gilbert in The Associated Press
As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier,Gilbert wrote. "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating...
- Paris Hilton in Taipei Times
In a post on Twitter after the incident Hilton wrote: "Hey guys, there's a lot of crazy rumors going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn't do anything. I was...