know-it-all : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who thinks he knows everything and refuses to accept advice or information from others
- Instead of coming across as a condescending know-it-all older sister, PopSugar doles out news and advice like an awesome new best friend.
- BIO With a perfect eye for brand positioning, the hyperactive, know-it-all, anything-for-a-trade Jim Cramer has come to personify the tech-fueled bull market he promotes.
- As it stands now, he has come to specialize at beating critics to the punch, perfecting a wry comic persona that manages to parody and deflect the image of the wooden know-it-all .
News & Articles
- Mister Know-It-All : Can I Play Zeppelin for My Kid Instead of Inane Toddler Music?
You've heard music is good for your kid's brain, but does it matter what tunes you spin? Mister Know-It-All weighs in on the age-old debate: Led Zeppelin or The Wiggles?
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Who's the worst backseat driver? (Hint: Not the kids)
There are few things more frustrating as a driver than being nagged by a know-it-all passenger. But who makes the worst backseat (or side-seat) driver?According to a new survey, spouses – whether husbands or wives – top the list, while children are usually the least irritating passengers. That’s something both men and women agree on, according to a poll of 500 drivers by Insurance.com. Read more ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Jonathan Franzen in FOXNews
Tell me a story,Wallace would ask and Franzen recalled conjuring a "stubborn control freak and know-it-all" ("So are you!"