live : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of
People lived in Africa millions of years ago
- v lead a certain kind of life; live in a certain style
we had to live frugally after the war
- v continue to live through hardship or adversity
The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents
- v support oneself
Can you live on $2000 a month in New York City?
- v have life, be alive
My grandfather lived until the end of war
- v have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict
The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare
I lived through two divorces
- v pursue a positive and satisfying existence
You must accept yourself and others if you really want to live
- a actually being performed at the time of hearing or viewing
a live television program
brought to you live from Lincoln Center
live entertainment involves performers actually in the physical presence of a live audience
- a exerting force or containing energy
tossed a live cigarette out the window
got a shock from a live wire
live ore is unmined ore
a live bomb
a live ball is one in play
- a possessing life
the happiest person alive
the nerve is alive
doctors are working hard to keep him alive
a live canary
- s highly reverberant
a live concert hall
- s charged with an explosive
a live bomb
- s elastic; rebounds readily
a lively tennis ball
- s abounding with life and energy
the club members are a really live bunch
- s in current use or ready for use
live copy is ready to be set in type or already set but not yet proofread
- s of current relevance
a live issue
still a live option
- s charged or energized with electricity
a live wire
- s capable of erupting
a live volcano
the volcano is very much alive
- r not recorded
the opera was broadcast live
- A PTI cover story explaining How to live to be 100 years old.
- Tom Perls, an aging expert at Boston University, explains why women live five to 10 years longer than men.
- If we flew on the cheap and lived off the Red Planet's resources, we could be a two-world species within a generation.
News & Articles
- Live Nation says it wins arbitration over CTS
Live Nation says it wins arbitration over CTS LOS ANGELES (AP) — Concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment Inc. says it has won an arbitration ruling over CTS Eventim AG, a German ticket-selling technology provider that was seeking nearly $900 million in damages because Live Nation terminated its contract after merging with Ticketmaster in January 2010. Live Nation said that the International ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- LIVE at the U.S. Open! Follow our live leaderboard, scoring updates, and live chat
LIVE: U.S. Open scoring updates, weather news and moreFollowing live scoring updates, a daily live chat and other news from the Merion Golf Club here.View "LIVE: U.S. Open scoring updates, weather news and more" on Spundge
June 15, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- Live wire safety event set for Monday
Live wire safety event set for Monday Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 7:44 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 National Grid will hold a live electrical line safety demonstration on Monday in Colonie for local emergency responders. The event, which will show how live wires can be dangerous ...
June 15, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Eliot Spitzer in Bloomberg
I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard that I expect of myself,Spitzer, 48, said at a Manhattan press conference.
- Janet Jackson in MTV.com
To you, Michael is an icon,Janet said. "To us, Michael is family. He will forever live in all of our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself, thank you for all of your love, thank you for all of your support. We miss him so much. Thank...
- Larry King in ABC News
Before I start the show tonight, I want to share some personal news with you,he said. "Twenty-five years ago, I sat across this table from New York Gov. Mario Cuomo for the first broadcast of 'Larry King Live.' Now, decades later, I talked...