- v inhabit or live in; be an inhabitant of
- v fill with inhabitants
populate the forest with deer and wild boar for hunting
- Thousands more populate parks and abandoned buildings in Bucharest and other Romanian cities, living their life at the very bottom of a society infamous for the dismal state of its .
- Young, blonde, relentlessly buoyant and sometimes giggly, she stood out among the tired, cynical hacks and aid workers that usually populate war zones, so much so that battle-weary .
- Current lobbyists also populate the ranks of McCain's unpaid advisory staff.
News & Articles
- Peep This Awesome Real-Time Map of the World’s Bike Shares
Sick and tired of hearing about New York’s bike share and the irresponsible weirdos that populate it? Well, here's a change of pace: this excellent real-time map illustrates 85 different bike share systems from all over the world. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- John C. Reilly’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Role Confirmed
In contrast to the all-star lineup of The Avengers, the heroes and villains that populate Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy are to be played by a more diverse collection of actors. Not all of them are household names. It’s a good thing, then, that director James Gunn has some excellent talent to help introduce these [...]
June 14, 2013 - /Film
- Black hole bonanza discovered in Andromeda galaxy
By Clara MoskowitzSpace.comAstronomers have discovered 26 new likely black holes in the neighboring Andromeda galaxy — the largest haul of black hole candidates ever found in a galaxy apart from our own.Black holes, which emit almost no light themselves, can be seen only by the light given off by material falling into them. The supermassive black holes that populate the centers of most galaxies ...
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Joel Stein in Oneindia
In the column titled 'My Own Private India', Stein wrote, "I never knew how a bunch of people half a world away chose a random town in New Jersey to populate. Were they from some Indian state that got made fun of by all the other Indian states and...
- Ronnie Burkett in Canada.com
I could have made the choice of being 'Cirque du Marionette' and just being entertaining and visual,Burkett said. "Or I could actually write plays that were about something and populate them with these puppets. I know how to build puppets...
- Steve Bracks in The Australian
Mr Bracks told the summit the time was again right for a bold expansion of skilled and unskilled immigration, comparing it to the economic and social enrichment Australia enjoyed from the "populate or perish" post-war immigration of the 1950s.