- v portray in words
The book portrays the actor as a selfish person
- v make a portrait of
Goya wanted to portray his mistress, the Duchess of Alba
- v assume or act the character of
The actor portrays an elderly, lonely man
- v represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture
The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting
- Some of Torvalds' supporters portray him as a sort of anti-Bill Gates, but the significance of Linux is much bigger than merely a slap at Microsoft.
- It's one thing to portray a vaguely Eastern European, naively anti-Semitic, sexist, insensitive but somehow lovable lout.
- The goal here was to portray what was real.
News & Articles
- Darrell Issa's Surprising Compromise to Fix the Post Office
Postal worker unions and their mostly Democratic allies in Congress sometimes portray Darrell Issa as a malevolent figure bent on destroying the U.S. Postal Service.
June 14, 2013 - BusinessWeek
- Edward Snowden: Whistle-blowing protections most likely won't help
While Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor, and others portray him as a heroic whistle-blower, his decision to make top secret documents public severely limits his legal protections, analysts say.
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- In ‘Aliyah,’ a Trip From France to Israel Is Dangerous
Cédric Kahn, left, and Pio Marmaï portray brothers in Paris. The anxiety that infuses the elliptical family drama “Aliyah” is underscored by Schoenberg’s feverish, brooding “Verklärte Nacht.”
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Wright's comments - including the suggestion that the US government invented the AIDS virus to destroy "people of color" - "end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate," Obama told reporters, "and I believe that they do not portray...
- Lillo Brancato Jr in WCBS-TV New York
There's a saying in Italian, I'll say it in English -- when the devil caresses you he wants your soul,Brancato said. "I'm not the monster that they portray me as in newspapers, a cold-blooded killer and all of that. I'm not that person at...
- Max Mayfield in FOXNews
I think it comes down to how people like you and me in the media portray this ......,Mayfield says. "You need to be prepared no matter what the numbers are."