- n a temporary police force
- v have as an attribute, knowledge, or skill
he possesses great knowledge about the Middle East
- v have ownership or possession of
- v enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas
What possessed you to buy this house?
A terrible rage possessed her
- And should we not be the ones to possess everything that our god Yahweh has conquered for our benefit?" (See pictures of spiritual healing around the world.
- They are clumsy or brutal, lacking the divine spark we surely possess; and rather than being stolen by gypsies, we were left on their doorstep by some superior beings as a test of .
- What qualities and capacities do they possess? Can these abilities be measured? Can they be taught? Perhaps above all: How should excellent teaching be rewarded so that the best .
News & Articles
- Fingernails reveal clues to limb regeneration
Mammals possess the remarkable ability to regenerate a lost fingertip, including the nail, nerves and even bone. In humans, an amputated fingertip can sprout back in as little as two months, a phenomenon that has remained poorly understood until now. Biologists now shed light on this rare regenerative power in mammals, using genetically engineered mice to document for the first time the ...
June 12, 2013 - Science Daily
- News Summary: Civilian planes shot down by MANPADS
Al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb is now thought to possess the SA-7, a surface-to-air missile in the category of MANPADS, or man-portable air-defense systems. Since 1975, 40 civilian aircraft have been hit by MANPADS, causing at least 28 crashes and more than 800 deaths around the world, according to the U.S. State Department. Here are some incidents involving commercial planes.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- The Voice: Danielle Bradbery Wows Coaches at Semi-Finals
What you possess is genuine and God-sent,Usher tells the youngest contestant left in the competition
June 11, 2013 - People Magazine
- Barack Obama in The Australian
Standing next to Mr Obama, Mr Lee said: "Under no circumstances are we going to allow North Korea to possess nuclear weapons."
- Samuel Alito in WireUpdate
In Heller, we held that the Second Amendment protects the right to possess a handgun in the home for the purpose of self-defense,Justice Samuel Alito wrote in the ruling. "Unless considerations of stare decisis counsel otherwise, a...
- Jose Canseco in 940 News
...got some help in his public relations push from an old teammate Tuesday, when The Associated Press obtained a sworn affidavit in which Jose Canseco said he has never seen Clemens "use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone."