- v have ownership or possession of
He owns three houses in Florida
- s belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself); preceded by a possessive
for your own use
do your own thing
she makes her own clothes
- Well, I believe in having my own space and being on my own sometimes.
- These women want to give birth in their own bed or tub, with none of the medical interventions that have become staples of modern childbirth, like contraction-inducing medication .
- Even though his public schedule was relatively light, behind the scenes he was racing his own internal clock to finish what is the most important speech of his career.
News & Articles
- The Biz: Tyler Perry Raises OWN
The Biz: Tyler Perry Raises OWN Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 7:06 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 Just a year ago, OWN's financial losses and struggle for ratings began to concern the Wall Street analysts who follow the venture that Oprah Winfrey co-owns ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- OWN Orders More ‘Iyanla’, ‘Raising Whitley’, ‘Life With La Toya’
*The Oprah Winfrey Network is doubling down on its Saturday night lineup of original content. According to Deadline.com, OWN will air six new episodes of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” beginning July 20, and also ordered 10 more episodes of “Raising Whitley” and 12 more of “Life With La Toya.” The new half-hours of “Whitley” and [...]
June 11, 2013 - EURweb
- OWN After Tyler Perry: ‘Phones Started Ringing Quick’
*TV Guide is reporting that the early ratings success of Tyler Perry’s two original shows on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN has scores of producers pitching scripted programs to the network. “The phones started ringing quick,” says network president Erik Logan. “There is a lot of interest.” Just a year ago, OWN’s financial losses and struggle for [...]
June 10, 2013 - EURweb
- Dan Gilbert in Los Angeles Times (blog)
In addition, Gilbert says "the self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down South. And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
As other states and localities go their own ways, we face the prospect that different rules for immigration will apply in different parts of the country,Obama said. "A patchwork of local immigration rules where we all know one clear...
- Steve Stricker in Detroit Free Press
You're 12 back before you even step on the first tee. That's tough to swallow,Stricker said. "That's why you've got to get into a little different thought process and get in your own little world and chip away."