- n the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech
that is enough for the present
he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow
- n something presented as a gift
his tie was a present from his wife
- n a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- v give an exhibition of to an interested audience
- v bring forward and present to the mind
We presented the arguments to him
We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason
- v perform (a play), especially on a stage
- v hand over formally
- v introduce
- v give, especially as an honor or reward
- v give as a present; make a gift of
- v deliver (a speech, oration, or idea)
The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students
- v cause to come to know personally
- v represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture
- v present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- v formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- v recognize with a gesture prescribed by a military regulation; assume a prescribed position
- a temporal sense; intermediate between past and future; now existing or happening or in consideration
the present leader
articles for present use
the present topic
the present system
- a being or existing in a specified place
the murderer is present in this room
present at the wedding
present at the creation
- Kym Maria Smith 1972-present Married in 1995 and now lives in New York .
- PTI presents a brief history on the 6th anniversary of the Iraq War month by month in photos and quotes.
- Honda Civic (1972-present) Toyota Corolla (1966-present) British Motor Corporation Mini (1959 .
- Gary Coleman in Hindustan Times
I direct my personal representative to permit no members of the press to be present at my wake or funeral,Coleman stated.
- Bryan Cranston in BusinessWeek
It's a double celebration,said Cranston. "It's my 21st anniversary today. However, when I turned to my wife and said, 'Is being nominated enough of an anniversary present for you?' And she said, 'No.' I went, 'OK. I'll be right back.' We...
- Fernando Torres in The Guardian
I suppose that when the World Cup finishes I will speak to the people at Liverpool and they will explain to me the real situation of how things are at present, the future of the club,he said in an interview with the Spanish newspaper El Mundo...