- Did Crouching Tiger's popularity portend a huge global market for Asian movies, or was it a fluke? That uncertaintyand Hero's $30 million budgethas piled pressure on everyone .
- But his resignation may nonetheless portend the collapse of the unity government, and the onset of a full-blown Palestinian civil war.
- Failure could portend an increasingly fragile future.
News & Articles
- A.K. Smiley Public Library in Redlands brings back Library Days
Events scheduled this weekend at A.K. Smiley Public Library portend a hectic time for Archivist Nathan Gonzales - during 30 minutes of the second annual Library Days observance he is supposed to be in two places at the same time.
June 12, 2013 - Redlands Daily Facts
- Gerald Ford in Bluefield Daily Telegraph
In a speech at Tulane University in April 1975, Ford said, "these events, tragic as they are, portend neither the end of the world nor of America's leadership in the world. Some seem to feel that if we do not succeed in everything everywhere, then...
- Robert Byrd in Daily Times
I will vote against this bill because of that dangerous course that it may portend,Mr Byrd said.
- Mark Wainberg in Chicago Tribune
There's a real concern about all these cancers and what they portend,said Dr. Mark Wainberg, director of the McGill University AIDS Center in Montreal.