- n a prediction about how something (as the weather) will develop
- v predict in advance
- v judge to be probable
- v indicate by signs
- Amid gloomy Wall Street forecasts about the industrys gradual demise, PTI asked insiders to forecast the long-term fate of newspapers.
News & Articles
- Forecast warns of severe weather
YOUR WSBT FORECAST FOR Wednesday, June 12
June 12, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend
- Singapore growth forecast for this year lowered to 2.3 percent
SINGAPORE, June 12 (UPI) -- Singapore's growth forecast for 2013 was lowered to 2.3 percent from 2.8 percent, a survey of private sector economists said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Boeing raises forecast of need for smaller jets
Boeing Co. officials upped their 20-year forecast for aircraft demand, predicting the world's airlines will need 35,280 new jets valued at $4.8 trillion by 2032, compared to last year's forecast of demand for 34,000 jetliners.
June 12, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Ben Bernanke in FOXBusiness
However, in light of the recent turbulence in financial markets, the uncertainty attending this forecast is quite high and the risks remain to the downside,said Bernanke.
- Bud Selig in Toronto Star
While obviously we want to finish Game 5 as soon as possible, the forecast ...... does not allow for us to continue the game (last night),commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement.
- Alan Bollard in Wall Street Journal
If this easing does not occur, the forecast recovery could be put at risk. In these circumstances we would reassess policy settings,Mr. Bollard said in a clear statement of intent to cut rates further if financial conditions remained tight.