forecaster : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who makes predictions of the future (usually on the basis of special knowledge)
- As local forecaster Isaac Cline wrote afterwards, "Where 20,000 people lived on Sept.
- In a race that turns out to be all about climate change, just about every forecaster was wrong which in a way was the best part.
- Virulent inflation and an epochal energy crisis are only two of the most ominous realities that eluded the visions of virtually every forecaster.
- Patrick Moore in Metro
British astronomer Patrick Moore said: "He was a great visionary, a brilliant science fiction writer and a great forecaster. He foresaw communications satellites, a nationwide network of computers, interplanetary travel - he said there would be a...
- President Bush in CNN
(CNN) -- President Bush on Tuesday cautioned his successor, Barack Obama, "not to become an economic forecaster" after he takes office later this month.
- George Osborne in BBC News
Shadow Chancellor George Osborne, said: "When the prime minister and the chancellor made his recession forecast last autumn, we along with almost every independent forecaster said it was likely to be wrong - but they wouldn't listen. The result is...