- v expect, believe, or suppose
- v judge to be probable
- v deem to be
- v make a mathematical calculation or computation
- v have faith or confidence in
- v take account of
You have to reckon with our opponents
- Navy officials, who released pictures of the Voge incident last week to publicize the continuing gamesmanship in the Med, reckon that the Soviet skipper did not mean to hit the .
- But with secret surveillance and detention programs now exposed, the Administration has been forced to reckon with the lights, and the law.
- She started with several hats and "one dress, but a tasteful dress," added sweaters, and within five years had made Maison Chanel a fashion house to reckon with.
News & Articles
- Latin America: Divided we stand
United and integrated, the region would be a force to reckon with on the world stage. But does Latin America’s unification reality match up to the rhetoric?
June 14, 2013 - GlobalPost
- Homebuyers Beware! Short-Term Money And Investors Dominate The Real Estate Market
Big and small institutional investors have come to dominate home buying activity, driving unsustainable forces in a market that will have to reckon with a huge shadow inventory and rising rates.
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Hey Microsoft, here’s another ball! Try not to drop this... oh
If I worked for Microsoft, and my sole job was to come up with products that divided opinion and alienated many previously loyal users, I reckon I would be due a promotion about now. While some divisions within Microsoft are doing a great job (Bing and Outlook.com spring to mind), you have to wonder what the bloody hell is going on when the tech giant is able to so badly foul up not only Windows ...
June 13, 2013 - BetaNews
- Roger Moore in Lancashire Telegraph
It's always been policy that no Bond director ever got a slice of the box office profits,Sir Roger says. "So, Spielberg went off and made Indiana Jones, who I reckon to be a period James Bond!"
- Danny Jordaan in Times of India
I reckon there is a big possibility we will do it (break three million) for the first time since the 1994 event in the United States,he said. "The signs are there. The South African fans have been superb. The spirit inside the country has...
- Shane Warne in BBC Sport
It was one of those series that was great for the game of cricket,Warne said. "It really captured everyone's imagination, it captured non-cricket lovers' imaginations in England. That is why I reckon the first Test match should always be...