- n a message written in a secret code
- n a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
- n a quantity of no importance
- n a person of no influence
- n a secret method of writing
- v convert ordinary language into code
- v make a mathematical calculation or computation
- Going by his insipid reaction to the palace intrigue, he appears to be something of a cipher.
- The decoded cipher from outer space carried a message of peace for all of mankind.
- The police demanded urgency and said that the quicker the experts break the cipher, the faster will be the release of the hostages.
News & Articles
- Cute cartoons . . . from NSA?
The agency's CryptoKids website features cartoon characters like Decipher Dog and instructions on constructing 'your own cipher disk.'
June 13, 2013 - MSN
- Splice cuts its way to PS3 this year
Splice is on its way to PSN for PS3, by early fall at the latest. Splice is the successful gaming experiment from Cipher Prime, a studio with a rich history of crafting clean, artfully scored and brain-twisting games, such as Auditorium , Fractal and Pulse . It's a puzzle game disguised as a science project, asking players to create specific cell strands from an unorganized group of binary ...
June 13, 2013 - Joystiq
- Alexander Haig in The Age
Reagan was a cipher,General Haig said with evident bitterness. "These men were running the government."
- Ron Prince in Topeka Capital Journal
Lemme deal with this one this week, and then we'll come back and talk about the other ones,Prince said. "When you start to project out and think ahead and try to cipher out, 'OK, you can win this one, you can't win this one,' you do...
- Kevin Rudd in The Wimmera Mail Times
It continued through the ungodly cipher we saw with the wheat-for-weapons scandal, whereby $300 million worth of bribes were authorised by this government through its approval relationship for payment to who? Saddam Hussein,Mr Rudd said.