encrypt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v convert ordinary language into code
- The Lexar JumpDrive Secure II has software to encrypt any file you drag to it, plus a "shredder" for permanent deletion.
- Once this is done, you're ready to encrypt your e-mail or other files.
- Justice and the computer industry are increasingly optimistic that a compromise on encryption can be reached.
News & Articles
- IEHP reveals theft of laptop with members' records
RANCHO CUCAMONGA -- The Inland Empire Health Plan announced a potential privacy breach of personal health information for 1,566 of its members after an unencrypted laptop was stolen.
June 14, 2013 - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Try SafeGDocs to encrypt your stored Google documents
For those storing lots of documents in the Google cloud, a little extra protection is available with add-ons that encrypt and decrypt docs.
June 12, 2013 - TechRepublic
- How to encrypt your email
Reader Jack Burns is a bit disconcerted by some recent news. He writes: After reading stories about the U.S. government’s program to collect phone and Internet data I’m a little concerned about my email privacy. What can I do to encrypt my email? I’d first suggest that you take a gander at How To Protect Your PC From PRISM Surveillance from my pals over at PCWorld. As its name implies, it offers ...
June 10, 2013 - Macworld
- Bennie Thompson in Guardian Unlimited
TSA dropped the ball when they chose to ignore recommendations set forth by OMB to encrypt sensitive information,said Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee. "This is not a technological problem but...
- Mark Everson in PC World
What the report showed, which was correct, was that we weren't taking the proper steps to protect some laptops,Everson said. "We've worked to encrypt all of the laptops and that's just about done. We've got a couple dozen more we've got to...
- Doug McClure in USA Today
When we first started, in the late 1990s, it was all about documents being faxed to us,McClure says. "Today : we have the Internet. We can encrypt Web traffic for security, and we can also increase the speed and availability of the...