nought : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
- Most of all, it is useful to try to understand why the predictions about the 1970s so often came to nought.
- It all counted for nought with the President of France.
- The best laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain, For promis'd joy!.
News & Articles
- Blog: Mobile game review sites are a waste of time
Kyle Kulyk has spent a lot of time trying to get sites interested in reviewing his games -- and all for nought. He explains why he thinks the effort just isn't warranted. ...
June 12, 2013 - Gamasutra
- Ricky Ponting in AFP
Openers Shane Watson (61) and Tim Paine (44) got Australia off a fine start before the innings fell away and a blunt Ponting added: "Nought for 75 and all out 212 is not good enough - you're not going to win many games doing that. If there's a...
- Graeme Swann in Sportinglife.com
It's a bit of the same old, same old from the first two games, we just didn't get enough runs again,he said, of an innings in which Australia failed to cash in on the start given them by openers Shane Watson (61) and Tim Paine. "Nought for...
- Graeme Smith in SkySports
It is a bit unusual for Australia to bowl first in big games,said Smith afterwards. "But once we posted 317, we were always confident. At 129 for nought, we were a little bit nervous, but the boys did really well and showed a lot of...