nix : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a quantity of no importance
- v command against
Dad nixed our plans
- A Turn of the Screw How do you nix Kim Jong Ils atomic ambition? Squeeze him economically.
- The official word on cross-nursing is still nix.
- Members of the Clinton-appointed Parole Commission are said to have asked Justice Department officials to nix the FBI probe.
News & Articles
- Sweeny’s Yankees Thoughts: Sabathia Lit Up, Cano’s Slump, MLB Draft & More
Brett Gardner has been very hot, but has anybody noticed Jayson Nix?
June 12, 2013 - CBS New York
- BASEBALL: Skeeters' Michael Nix signs with Chicago White Sox organization
The Sugar Land Skeeters announced today that Skeeters starting pitcher Michael Nix has signed with the Chicago White Sox organization and will join its Triple A Charlotte club. The announcement was ma
June 8, 2013 - Magnolia Potpourri
- White Sox sign Michael Nix to minor-league contract
The White Sox have signed pitcher Michael Nix to a minor-league contract, MLB.com reports. Nix will join Triple-A Charlotte . Nix, 30, has pitched exclusively in the independent Atlantic League since 2011, converting to a starter after seven seasons in the minors and independent-league ball as a relief pitcher. He was 5-1 with a 1.81 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 40 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings for the ...
June 6, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Todd Wellemeyer in USA Today
It is frustrating. I can't control the ball after I release it,said Wellemeyer. "I left a change-up up to Nix and he took advantage of it."
- Travis Hafner in The Canadian Press
You get the sign, you're like, 'Did he really just give me that?'Hafner said. "Then he tells you. You just have to time it right. When he starts going home, you take off. Nix put down a perfect bunt."
- Scott Podsednik in USA Today
I was just trying to put a good swing on it,said Podsednik. "Nixey (Nix) has pretty good speed at second, so I'm just trying to pop one through the infield to get him around."