- v show approval or appreciation of
- v grant credentials to
- v detect with the senses
- v express greetings upon meeting someone
- v express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- v be fully aware or cognizant of
- v perceive to be the same
- v accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- Even if Jesus, who was supposed to be all-forgiving, can't accept gay marriage, that doesn't mean the state cannot legally recognise it.
- But did we see town halls populated by Dem congress members exhorting citizens to not recognise Bush as president? Did we have months and months of angry protest meetings where .
- Another ongoing bone of contention between Turkey and the Orthodox community is Ankara's refusal to recognise the patriarch as ecumenical, meaning head of the Orthodox Christian .
News & Articles
- France won't recognise Madagascar vote unless candidates withdraw
PARIS (Reuters) - France will not recognise the results of proposed presidential elections in Madagascar until three candidates, including the interim president, withdraw from the process, foreign ministry spokesman Philippe Lalliot said on Monday. The former French colony has been in political crisis since 2009 when President Andry Rajoelina seized power with military support, ousting former ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Elena Kagan in Reuters UK
Kagan said the court must ensure the government never oversteps its bounds, but "must also recognise the limits on itself and respect the choices made by the American people."
- Barack Obama in Swissinfo
I recognise that there are still some difference around the table and between the administration and members of Congress about particular details on the plan,Obama said.
- President Bush in AFP
Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah and Hamas will be defeated, as Muslims across the region recognise the emptiness of the terrorists' vision and the injustice of their cause,said Bush,on a five-day tour of the region that will also take him to Saudi Arabia...