opine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v express one's opinion openly and without fear or hesitation
- v expect, believe, or suppose
- Critics opine the awards signal a belated acceptance of Bollywood's song-and-dance formula, but point out that this is a win for a western film, made by a westerner (British .
- And the man said , "Well, I opine differently.
- Many people opine that public education in America is awful or declining in quality and that may be true in the aggregate, but my direct experience is the opposite.
News & Articles
- Power Rankings: It’s Jimmie Johnson’s throne, and no one else is close
It's time for Power Rankings! After every race, we'll opine about who we think is at the top of the Sprint Cup heap and how and why they got there. Remember, this isn't scientific, as our formula is the perfect … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - From The Marbles via Yahoo! Sports
- Panetta Lecture Series: Not much hope for Middle East peace
Former U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman — one of four veteran foreign policy hands in Monterey on Monday to opine on the Middle East — came over after the press conference and said he wished he had a joke to lighten the mood. But there was no doubt that among Lieberman, former U.S. Sen.
June 11, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Glenn Beck, Michael Moore call NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden a hero
Conservative radio commentator Glenn Beck and liberal Hollywood movie-maker Michael Moore have found common ground on the National Security Agency whistleblower, Edward Snowden: He's a hero. Both took to Twitter to opine on their favorable impressions of the information leaker, Politico reported. Mr. Beck's tweet: "I think I have just ...
June 10, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Carl Icahn in guardian.co.uk
If there is any question that these 'strategic alternatives' might in any way impede a future Microsoft merger you will at the very least allow shareholders to opine on them before embarking on such a transaction,Icahn wrote.
- Samuel Alito in abc7.com
I need to apply the same standard that previous nominees have applied, and that's no hints and no previews. I can't opine on them here off the cuff,Alito said.
- Karl Rove in New York Times
With that vision, you've got to go out and work for it,Mr. Rove said. "It's not enough to opine from the side of the field."