- n the total number counted
a blood count
- n the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
the counting continued for several hours
- n a nobleman (in various countries) having rank equal to a British earl
- v determine the number or amount of
Can you count the books on your shelf?
- v have weight; have import, carry weight
- v show consideration for; take into account
- v name or recite the numbers in ascending order
The toddler could count to 100
- v put into a group
The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members
- v include as if by counting
I can count my colleagues in the opposition
- v have a certain value or carry a certain weight
each answer counts as three points
- v have faith or confidence in
you can count on me to help you any time
- v take account of
- Missing family jewels are the last things on the mind of a modern Portuguese count.
- The commission's order to re-count some results adds to the uncertainty surrounding the vote.
- Imagine a child at age 10 needing to count on fingers to tell you whether 6 is bigger than 5.
News & Articles
- VOTE COUNT OFFICIAL: Bristol Borough incumbents hold their own, jubilant council president praises the results, thanks ...
BRISTOL BOROUGH - The vote count for the May 21 primary election is final and the wins announced Primary Election night hold firm, meaning all incumbents on the council held on to their seats. One council vacancy created by the resignation of Patrick Sabatini, was won by Dave Girard. Sabatini gave up his seat in an unsuccessful run for mayor.
June 14, 2013 - Bristol Pilot
- Butterfly count set for June 22 in Flint Hills
The fifth annual Marvin Schwilling Memorial Butterfly Count will be held June 22 at the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve near Strong City.
June 13, 2013 - The Wichita Eagle
- High bacteria count found in Plum Cove waters
Citing a high bacteria count, the city's Board of Health has notified residents that, if they swim at Plum Cove Beach today and at least early tomorrow, they must do so at their own risk. Test results from earlier this week revealed the beaches bacte
June 13, 2013 - Gloucester Daily Times
- Jimmy Carter in Philadelphia Inquirer
Byrd was skilled "in using arcane Senate rules to achieve his goals, and was proud of his ability to count votes and forge prevailing coalitions," Carter said in a statement.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Aljazeera.net
You know you can count on me,Clinton told a crowd of cheering supporters at a hotel in downtown Philadelphia as news of her 10-point margin of victory trickled in from the state's polling stations. "Some people counted me out and said to...
- Fidel Castro in guardian.co.uk
It will be just another weapon you can count on. Perhaps my voice will be heard,Castro said.