counting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
the counting continued for several hours
- v determine the number or amount of
- v have weight; have import, carry weight
- v show consideration for; take into account
- v name or recite the numbers in ascending order
- v put into a group
- v include as if by counting
- v have a certain value or carry a certain weight
- v have faith or confidence in
- v take account of
- Let's review the counting in the presence of foreign observers.
- For surgical nurses charged with counting sponges, the device has promise.
- Clinton, according to the polls, but as the complicated caucus counting goes on, the outcome appears much murkier.
News & Articles
- Counting Crows Working on First Album of New Material Since 2008
With "Black Sun," his stage musical collaboration with playwright Stephen Belber, currently on hold, Adam Duritz has put a new Counting Crows album...
June 12, 2013 - Billboard
- Counting suckers authorized
The San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District has authorized money to join other agencies in counting the number and location of the Santa Ana Sucker fish.
June 12, 2013 - Highland Community News
- Attention turns to vote-counting on immigration
Backers of far-reaching immigration legislation are turning their attention to courting support and counting votes after the Senate pushed the contentious bill over early procedural hurdles. Two votes ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Vladimir Putin in National
I understand that back home police are putting people in prison,Mr Putin said after a meeting with Bill Clinton in Moscow, drawing a laugh from his American guest. "That's their job. I'm counting on the fact that the positive trend seen in...
- Seve Ballesteros in International Herald Tribune
Throughout my career I have been among the best at overcoming challenges on the golf course,Ballesteros said. "Now I want to be the best confronting the hardest challenge of my life, with all my strength, counting on all of you who are...
- Dwyane Wade in CTV.ca
We'll see what the best thing is for us to win,Wade told the AP. "I'm going to make a lot of money, no matter what happens. I've been blessed. I'm not counting every dollar and every cent. Let's sit down, let's see what the best thing is...