tally : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely
their first tally came in the 3rd inning
- n a bill for an amount due
- n the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v gain points in a game
- v keep score, as in games
- v determine the sum of
- Monday, November 15, 2004: CHRISTOPHER MORRIS VII FOR PTI: SWEET SUCCESS: This time Bush won the popular vote as well as the electoral tally: In Victory's Glow.
- It has often seemed like a tally of student deaths, which have been estimated to be as high as 16,000, would never come.
- To jeers, laughter and applause, the tally shifted again: 207 to 205.
News & Articles
- Soccer-Messi overtakes Maradona's Argentina tally with hat-trick
June 15 (Reuters) - Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick to help a second-string Argentina record an easy 4-0 away win over Guatemala in a friendly and overtake Diego Maradona's international goals tally. Messi, who came on as a substitute in recent World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Ecuador, was given a place in the starting line-up and gave Argentina a 15th minute lead with a left-foot shot ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- All evacuations lifted in Elbert County
The official tally of homes destroyed by the Black Forest Fire has increased from 419 to 473 with 17 houses partially damaged, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said early Saturday.
June 15, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- Why Superman Just Became the Poster Boy for Immigration Reform
One of the biggest summer blockbusters opened this week. The latest Superman movie, Man of Steel, is expected to earn $125 million by Monday morning’s tally.
June 15, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
I understand how easy it is for this town to become consumed in the game of politics, to turn every issue into a running tally of who's up and who's down,Obama said in his opening remarks.
- Amos Wako in Forbes
Because of the perception that the presidential results were rigged, it is necessary ...... that a proper tally of the valid certificates returned and confirmed should be undertaken immediatelyby an independent body, Attorney General Amos...
- Mark Martin in USA Today
I don't think we should be getting hyped up about the tally right now,said points leader Mark Martin, who pushed his lead over Jimmie Johnson to 18 points but lost ground to five drivers. "We've got a lot of racing to go."