recommend : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v push for something
The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day
- v express a good opinion of
- v make attractive or acceptable
Honesty recommends any person
- Did the panel recommend banning the painkillers Vicodin and Percocet? It's unclear.
- I recommend that you take a look at it.
- By the late 18th century, early editions of American medical journals recommend hemp seeds and roots for the treatment of inflamed skin, incontinence and venereal disease.
- David Petraeus in Christian Science Monitor
I do believe that there will be certain assets that ...... we'll be able to recommend can be either redeployed or not deployed to the theater in the fall,General Petraeus, now the senior four-star general in Iraq, told the Senate Armed...
- President Bush in Reuters.uk
I'm in the process of making up my final decision as to what to recommend, what recommendations to accept,Bush said. "One thing is for certain, I will want to make sure that the mission is clear and specific and can be accomplished."
- Martin Feldstein in USA Today
I do recommend $400 billion in year one and expect a similar amount in year two,Feldstein said in an e-mail. "The right amount depends on how it is used."