- n an instinctive motive
- n a strong restless desire
why this urge to travel?
- v force or impel in an indicated direction
I urged him to finish his studies
- v push for something
- v spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
- As doctors urge even us non-Olympians to remain physically active throughout our lives, maybe we'll start to pay more attention to stretching.
- President Barack Obama addresses the joint session to urge passage of his national health care plan.
- That is, even if you don't give in, the urge dissipates.
News & Articles
- Europeans urge tourist safety moves on Thai island
BANGKOK (AP) — European ambassadors on Friday urged authorities on a Thai resort island work to ensure foreign tourists are safe from crime, corruption and dangerous road and swimming conditions.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Senators urge inclusion of food safety in Smithfield review
By Doug Palmer (Reuters) - A bipartisan group of 15 U.S. senators urged the Obama administration on Thursday to consider whether the proposed sale of Smithfield Foods Inc to the Chinese meat company Shuanghui International posed a threat to the U.S. food supply that could justify blocking the deal. ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Police urge callers to save 911 for emergencies
Lubbock police on Thursday, June 20, issued a reminder of alternate contact phone numbers for Lubbockites to call after severe weather. Police urge residents to avoid calling 911 except in emergency situations, Lubbock police Sgt.
June 20, 2013 - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Barack Obama in MinnPost.com
I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities,Obama said. "They should be decided by the American people. And I'd urge Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill...
- Condoleezza Rice in San Francisco Chronicle
We urge the Cuban government to begin a process of peaceful, democratic change by releasing all political prisoners, respecting human rights and creating a clear pathway toward free and fair elections,Rice said in a statement.
- Patrick Leahy in The Associated Press
I believe the fair-minded people will find her philosophy well within the legal mainstream,said Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., the panel's chairman. "I welcome questions but urge senators on both sides to be fair. No one should presume that...