- n a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- n a lawyer who pleads cases in court
- v push for something
- v speak, plead, or argue in favor of
The doctor advocated a smoking ban in the entire house
- Bono's Mission The world's biggest rock star is also Africa's biggest advocate.
- But some Republicans have taken issue with her legislative approach, deriding her as an unyielding advocate of environmentalists and labor groups.
- An advocate of a woman's right to choose and a supporter of Roe v.
News & Articles
- Advocate renovation, Vista hospital proposals hit snags
A proposal to renovate northwest suburban Advocate Good Shepherd hit only one snag with staff of the state board that determines the fate of health care projects, while Vista Health's already-nixed new hospital plan continues its uphill battle.
June 13, 2013 - Crain's Chicago Business
- Health Advocate Irene Pollin Donates $10 Million to the Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for Prevention of Heart Disease
Irene Pollin, a passionate health advocate and founder of a national organization devoted to heart disease prevention in women, has made a $10 million gift to the Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease. Her donation also establishes the Kenneth Jay Pollin Professorship in Cardiology and will launch pivotal research on heart disease prevention.
June 13, 2013 - Newswise
- Advocate Children's Hospital Ranked Among Nation's Best
For the third consecutive year, Advocate Children's Hospital has been listed among the nation's 50 top pediatric hospitals for cardiology and heart surgery in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Children's ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Elena Kagan in Deseret News
I want to make a clear distinction between my views as an advocate and any views that I might have as a judge,she said, adding that preparing for a case as solicitor general is different from preparing for a case as a judge.
- David Obey in BusinessWeek
I just want to respond to some of the statements and suggestions that have been made leading up to this hearing, and even during it, that it is irresponsible or demonstrates a lack of leadership to advocate withdrawing troops from Iraq in a... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg New York Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/09/washington/09scene.html%3Fref%3Dus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFJzDcw_kJ6lTjp9BbrplDvbKoKTQ Apr 9, 2008
1652 2260 advocate Murtha understood the misery of war," Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey, a Wisconsin Democrat, said in a statement. "Every person who serves in the military has lost an advocate and a good friend today."