counsel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a lawyer who pleads cases in court
- n something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- v give advice to
The teacher counsels troubled students
The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud
- Luskin had just received a fax from Patrick Fitzgerald, the special counsel in the case, saying that he was formally notifying Luskin that absent any unexpected developments, he .
- If counsel would like to adjourn from the 8 deposition to then try to contact the military judge 9 to get clarification since Captain McCarthy is here, 10 I will entertain that .
- In 1994, Starr replaced Robert Fiske as the independent counsel tasked with investigating the Whitewater controversy, a scandal which eventually morphed into the Monica Lewinsky .
News & Articles
- Leonor Tomero, Counsel
Leonor Tomero, counsel for the panel, has a portfolio that includes strategic forces, missile defense, military space, nuclear weapons, and nuclear cleanup.
June 13, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Counsel RB Capital Announces Management Changes
Counsel RB Capital Inc. , a leader in distressed and surplus capital asset transactions, announced today that it has reached a mutually amicable agreement with Adam Reich and Jonathan Reich, Co-Chief Executive Officers, whereby they will, subject to the completion of definitive documentation later this month, leave the Company with the personnel in the New York and Los Angeles offices.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Gazette.Net: Good Counsel senior earns Player of the Year honors
Caroline Peters is just 18-years-old, but the recent Our Lady of Good Counsel High School graduate said she feels old, relatively speaking. This spring, she completed her high school tenure at Good Counsel as a nationally-recognized girls lacrosse midfielder.
June 12, 2013 - Gazette.net
- Larry Craig in Los Angeles Times
In his statement, Craig said, "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."
- Joe Biden in USA Today
I just think it's clearer and crisper and everyone will know what the truth is ...... if he appoints a special counsel, steps back from it,said Biden, D-Del.
- Jay Rockefeller in Forbes
I don't think there's a need for a special counsel, and I don't think there's a need for a special commission,Rockefeller said. "It is the job of the intelligence committees to do that."