- v deliver a sermon
The minister is not preaching this Sunday
- v speak, plead, or argue in favor of
- Clarence Macartney's fellow students in Princeton Seminary's Class of 1905 felt a trifle awed when Freshman Macartney began setting out on Sundays to preach in nearby churches .
- They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life.
- Who wouldn't kneel before a God devoted to filling your bank account? Our report on ministries that preach prosperity drew amens from their adherents.
News & Articles
- Faith in Action
Rev. Scalise to preach at Calvary Baptist LOWELL -- The Rev. Victor Scalise Jr., who grew up at Calvary Baptist Church, where his father was pastor for 37 years, will preach there at Sunday worship at 10 a.
June 15, 2013 - Lowell Sun
- Superman: Coming to a church near you
Warner Bros. Studios is aggressively marketing "Man of Steel" to Christian pastors, inviting them to early screenings, creating Father's Day discussion guides and producing special film trailers that focus on the faith-friendly angles of the movie. The movie studio even asked a theologian to provide sermon notes for pastors who want to preach about Superman on Sunday. Titled "Jesus: The ...
June 15, 2013 - KIII Corpus Christi
- Overheard at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's 'Road to Majority Conference'
Here at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's "Road to the Majority Conference," you know the audience agrees with a point a speaker is making if there are shouts of "amen." They're here, as the Coalition's chairman Ralph Reed says, not to learn how "to preach to the choir," but rather make the message spread. They're here to fight against the idea that the message of a shrinking faith-based ...
June 14, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Kevin Harvick in USA Today
If you're going to preach it, you've got to back it,Harvick said. "I understand he probably made a mistake, but when you're on the receiving end of it, it's not a part that I take lightly."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation,Obama wrote. "Most importantly,...
- Dr Richard Carmona in San Jose Mercury News
However, there was already a policy in place that didn't want to hear the science, but wanted to quote, unquote preach abstinence, which I felt was scientifically incorrect,Carmona said.