barrack : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a building or group of buildings used to house military personnel
- v lodge in barracks
- v spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
- v laugh at with contempt and derision
- Standing in front of Block 17, his former barrack, even this master of words had no words for what he had experienced there.
- When he was Austria's Quartermaster-General a Colonel sent him a fourpage document, in triplicate, filled with reasons why he should be supplied with a clock for his barrack .
- But his play is marked with barrack-room gusto, particularly when he produces the trump that his opponents have failed to snare, or when he makes his slam or sets his opponents.
News & Articles
- Mission to save historic barrack at Fla. Air Force base
Nearly 43 years ago, a group of special operations soldiers were training at a compound at Duke Field. It wasn't until the men landed in Southeast Asia that they found out the nature of their mission. Now, some of those men are on a mission to save the officers' barrack where some lived while training at Duke.
June 29, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Irish Minister for State Willie Penrose resigns over barracks closure
The Labour Party TD Willie Penrose has resigned as Minister of State over the decision to close Columb Barrack in Mullingar, County Westmeath. On Tuesday afternoon the decision to shut down the facility, by the end of March 2012, was announced at a Cabinet meeting.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Va. Republicans denounce Obama climate plan
RICHMOND, Va. - Three Republicans representing Virginia's coal-producing region labeled President Barrack Obama's proposals to deal with climate change a "war on coal" that will drive up electric rat
June 25, 2013 - Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Allama Iqbal in WELT ONLINE
Police commando Gulshan Iqbal told The Associated Press he was sitting at a nearby barrack when a "Suzuki car hit the ant-terror squad barrack and exploded with a big bang."
- Harry Reid in FOXNews
Reid tells The Hill newspaper "I don't believe in the executive power trumping everything...... if Obama steps over the bounds, I will tell him...... I do not work for Barrack Obama. I work with him."
- Tony Abbott in Melbourne Herald Sun
It's immensely to the discredit of Kevin Rudd's staff that they were involved in encouraging people to barrack and disrupt in The Great Hall of parliament,Mr Abbott said. "Kevin Rudd's staff should have known better, I suppose for people...