- v express approval of
- v present as worthy of regard, kindness, or confidence
His paintings commend him to the artistic world
- v give to in charge
I commend my children to you
- v express a good opinion of
- v mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
- We commend the outstanding efforts by all of our entrants.
- Still, their willed artlessness and unflinching emotions commend them to us.
- We commend KPS for its confidence in our company, for the enormous amount of time, effort and resources expended by KPS globally that have resulted in reaching this important stage.
News & Articles
- Statement from Secretary of State Connie Lawson on Butch Morgan sentencing
I commend the court's sentencing of former St. Joe County Democratic Chairman Butch Morgan and three other Democratic staffers for vote fraud,said Secretary of State Connie Lawson. "It is particularly
June 18, 2013 - FOX 28 South Bend
- Research Goals in National Alzheimer's Plan Require More Funding from Congress
CLARKSBURG, Md., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- We commend the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for updating the National Plan to Address Alzheimer's Disease, released today. The plan sets multiple goals, including preventing and treating Alzheimer's by the year 2025, and providing enhanced care and support for Alzheimer's patients and their families.(Logo: http://photos ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Letters to the editor 06/17
Re: June 11 article, “Governor signs law curbing number of tests.”I am a retired educator, and I want to commend Gov.
June 16, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Barack Obama in Jerusalem Post
I believe that the government of Israel is prepared to engage in such direct talks, and I commend the prime minister for that,Obama said. "I believe that Prime Minister Netanyahu wants peace. I think he's willing to take risks for peace."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in San Clemente Times
As fires burn across California, I want to commend all of the firefighters who are bravely battling these aggressive flames and the first responders who are helping their communities and fellow neighbors,Schwarzenegger said in making his...
- Henry Paulson in CEP News
I commend the action taken by Chairman Bair and the FDIC today to facilitate the sale of Wachovia Bank to Citigroup in an orderly fashion to mitigate potential market disruptions,said Paulson. "The FDIC's actions help to mitigate potential...