- v claim back
- v reuse (materials from waste products)
- v bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
- v make useful again; transform from a useless or uncultivated state
The people reclaimed the marshes
- v overcome the wildness of; make docile and tractable
- That was eight years ago, and Angarrack is still fighting to reclaim Cornish history.
- In Georgia, Democrat Roy Barnes is looking to reclaim the office he lost in 2002.
- You can deal with terror two ways: you can hunker down, retreat from the world and let paranoia rule you; or you can do what Cut Syamsurniati didfight back and reclaim your life.
News & Articles
- Ivory Coast's drive to reclaim national parks may hit cocoa output
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - A drive by Ivory Coast authorities to reclaim land in national parks on which about 2,000 farmers have planted crops could hurt output of cocoa in the world's top producing nation, exporters said. Some 100 farmers were forcefully removed from plantations last week in the cocoa-producing region of Sassandra in the south of the country after the government said it planned to ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- LS Planning Commission rejects plan to reclaim undermined area
Lee’s Summit businessman Flip Short wants to reclaim land just northwest of Pryor Road and Interstate 470 by collapsing mines riddling that area.
June 14, 2013 - Lee's Summit Journal
- Manchester City hires Manuel Pellegrini as manager
MANCHESTER, England (AP) -- Manchester City hired Manuel Pellegrini as manager Friday, entrusting a man nicknamed ''The Engineer'' with constructing a team to reclaim the Premier League title and become a force in the Champions League.
June 14, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Al Gore in FOXNews
We are trying to open up the television medium so that viewers can help them make television and join the conversation of democracy and reclaim American democracy by talking about the choices we have to make,Gore said as he accepted the award.
- Joe Biden in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
We're about to go in and try to essentially reclaim territory that's been effectively lost,Biden said. "There are going to be some additional military forces."
- Floyd Mayweather Jr in Reuters
I left on top and I came back on top,said Mayweather. "I'm here to fight and reclaim what is mine. When I made my decision to retire last year, I felt like it was time for me to go as I had been boxing my whole life and felt like I had...