- a possessing life
the happiest person alive
the nerve is alive
doctors are working hard to keep him alive
- s (often followed by `with') full of life and spirit
she was wonderfully alive for her age
a face alive with mischief
- a having life or vigor or spirit
- s (followed by `to' or `of') aware of
is alive to the moods of others
- s in operation
keep hope alive
the tradition was still alive
- s mentally perceptive and responsive
alive to what is going on
- s capable of erupting
the volcano is very much alive
- An animal rights group is calling on the nation's largest grocery story chains to post warnings on egg cartons that unwanted male chicks are ground up alive.
- He was seen alive on one videotape, reported killed on another.
- Of his surgeons, he says, "They did all the procedures right, the result of which is I'm still alive.
News & Articles
- Newborn Baby Rescued Alive From Drain In Spain After 40 Hours
A month after a Chinese baby was heroically rescued from a sewage pipe, another newborn was miraculously discovered alive after being trapped inside a drain for two days in Alicante, Spain.
June 24, 2013 - HollywoodLife
- Baby Dumped In Drain Found Alive
A baby who was dumped in a drain in Spain was miraculously found alive Saturday morning. The newborn was reportedly in the drain for more than 40 hours and was rescued after a neighbor heard mewing sounds. Police arrested his 26-year-old mother who was in the hospital, claiming she had a miscarriage on Friday. The... Read more » Baby Dumped In Drain Found Alive is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 24, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Alive@Five kicks off amid sunshine, tighter security
STAMFORD -- Alive@Five kicked off Thursday amid tighter security and higher fees that drew a mix of ire and approval from thousands of concert-goers who swarmed Columbus Park for the start of the popular summer concert series.
June 21, 2013 - The New Canaan News
- Keith Richards in TV Guide
My dad wouldn't have cared,Richards said, adding, "It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
- Farrah Fawcett in Washington Post
I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive. So I say to God ...... it is seriously time for a miracle,Fawcett said two years ago in a video diary chronicling her two and a half year battle with cancer.
- Donovan in The Associated Press
We're not done yet,Donovan said. "We believe, man. We're alive, baby."