all-devouring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (of animals) both plant-eating and flesh-eating
- The all-devouring ego, the protean skill of transformation, the sucking-dry of styles to find new masks for the self: none of this exists in Braque's work.
- This new Caesar was all-devouring.
- The image of the all-devouring, all-demanding but never-giving American Bitch is virtually gone, both in life and in literature (except possibly on Broadway, where so many plays .
News & Articles
- Steppenwolf’s ‘Slowgirl’ a tour de force for Petersen
Guilt is a subversive emotion. It may lack the red-hot flamboyance of rage, or the all-devouring quality of envy. But the more you might try to run from it, hide from it or bury it, the more it tends to lurk in the shadows until you confess, assume responsibility, and come to terms with the consequences of your actions. Even then, guilt has a way of not quite letting go. Greg Pierce’s two ...
July 26, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times